If You Are a Health Professional Facing Legal Challenges, Choose a Board Certified Attorney
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
By George F. Indest III, J.D., M.P.A., LL.M., Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health LawDoctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, health professionals, and health facilities often face legal challenges from many different sources. These challenges can come from federal and state regulators, medical malpractice trial lawyers, hospitals, clinics and colleagues. If you find yourself faced with a legal problem, the first person you should contact is an attorney who is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law.
A Board Certified Health Law Attorney is Your Legal Specialist.To find a lawyer who has expertise in the area of law relating to your legal needs, the Supreme Court of Florida directed The Florida Bar to offer a "Board Certification" program for Florida Bar members. The program is designed to help the public make an informed decision when seeking and selecting a lawyer. Not all states use board certification to designate attorneys, and those that do may not have board certification in the area of Health Law. However, both Florida and Texas are states that do offer a board certification program for their health lawyers.While all lawyers are allowed to advertise, only certified attorneys are allowed to identify themselves as "Florida Bar Board Certified" or as a "specialist." Being certified is the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in health law.A lawyer who is a member in good standing of The Florida Bar and who meets the standards set by the state's Supreme Court, may become a "Board Certified Health Law Attorney."Not all qualified lawyers are certified, but those who are board certified have taken the extra step to have their competence and experience recognized. You can read more about what distinguishes “Board Certified” attorneys from others by visiting The Florida Bar website here.
Requirements for Becoming Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law.To qualify to take the health law certification examination, attorneys must:
1. be members of The Florida Bar for at least five years, To become certified in health law, an attorney is also required to pass a rigorous written board certification examination designed to test the attorney’s knowledge, skills and proficiency in the field of health law. All currently certified attorneys must apply for recertification every five years.Read more on The Health Law Firm’s Board Certified Health Law attorneys here.To view a press release on the recertification of George F. Indest III and Michael L. Smith, click here. You Seek Specialized Medical Care from a Medical Specialist; Seek Specialized Legal Services from a Health Law Specialist.If you have a medical issue you seek treatment from a physician who is board certified in a medical specialty, such as obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic surgery, neurology or others. This is because they have superior education, training, knowledge and experience in that area of medicine.Likewise, when you have a legal problem in the area of health practice, health licensing, health care regulation or other legal situations unique to the health care industry, you should seek legal advice and representation from a legal specialist in health law.Contact The Health Law Firm to Speak with an Attorney who is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law.The Health Law Firm currently has two Board Certified Health Law attorneys:George F. Indest III, J.D., M.P.A., LL.M, is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law.Michael L. Smith, J.D., R.R.T., is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law.To learn more about all the attorneys at The Health Law Firm, click here.To contact The Health Law Firm, please call (407) 331-6620 or (850) 439-1001 and visit our website at www.TheHealthLawFirm.com.About the Author: George F. Indest III, J.D., M.P.A., LL.M., is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law. He is the President and Managing Partner of The Health Law Firm, which has a national practice. Its main office is in the Orlando, Florida, area. www.TheHealthLawFirm.com The Health Law Firm, 1101 Douglas Ave., Altamonte Springs, FL 32714, Phone: (407) 331-6620.
2. be engaged in the full-time practice of law,
3. be substantially involved, at least forty percent (40%), in health law for the prior three years of their practice,
4. complete at least 60 hours of advanced continuing legal education of approved health law credits and,
5. Pass a stringent peer review process.
KeyWords: Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law, Board Certified in Health Law, health law attorneys, health law attorneys Florida, health law expert, legal specialist in health law, Health law defense lawyer, legal representation of health care professionals, Medicare fraud defense attorney, Medicare audit defense attorney, Medicaid fraud defense attorney, Medicaid audit defense attorney, Baker Act defense attorney, disruptive physician defense attorney, legal representation for disruptive physician, legal representation for Baker Act cases, legal representation for Medicare fraud, legal representation for Medicaid fraud, legal representation for clinical research investigations, legal representation for clinical research fraud, Florida health law attorney, The Health Law Firm reviews, reviews of The Health Law Firm attorneys “The Health Law Firm” is a registered fictitious business name of and a registered service mark of The Health Law Firm, P.A., a Florida professional service corporation, since 1999.Copyright © 2017 The Health Law Firm. All rights reserved.
Add your comments:
Items in bold indicate required information.